Do you like SoundTouch? Then please support SoundTouch
development and maintaining by a donation!
Unrestricted Royalty-free license also available for commercial purposes,
contact us for more information!
Are you looking for professional audio application developer(s) to help in your project?
Please look here!
SoundTouch Audio Processing Library
The latest stable release is 1.9.2 released on 20-September-2015. See
README for release details and what's new in
About the SoundTouch library
The SoundTouch Library Copyright © Olli Parviainen 2001-2015
SoundTouch is an open-source
audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and
Playback Rates of audio streams or audio files. The library additionally
supports estimating stable beats-per-minute rates for audio tracks.
- Tempo (time stretch):
Changes the sound to play at faster or slower tempo than originally
without affecting the sound pitch.
- Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or
key while keeping the original tempo (speed).
- Playback Rate : Changes both
tempo and pitch together as if a vinyl disc was played at different RPM
The SoundTouch library is intended for
application developers writing sound processing tools that
require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing
around with the sound effects.
The SoundTouch library source kit includes also an example
processing .wav audio files from command-line interface.
Download the source
codes or compiled executables.
SoundTouch library Features
- Portable implementation: The
SoundTouch library compiles for any processor and OS platform
supporting GNU C compiler (gcc) or Visual Studio, for example Windows,
Mac OS, Linux & other *nixes, Raspberry Pi,
Android, Apple iOS...
- Full source codes available for both the
SoundTouch library and the example application.
- Easy-to-use programming
interface via a single C++ class.
- 16bit integer and 32bit floating point mono/stereo/multi-channel audio formats
- Real-time audio stream processing possible:
- input/output latency max. ~ 100 ms.
- Processing 44.1kHz/16bit stereo sound in realtime
requires a 133 Mhz Intel Pentium processor or better ;-)
- Efficient C++ implementation of time-stretch, pitch-shift and
sample rate transposing routines.
- MMX & SSE instruction set optimizations for x86 processors, and
OpenMP optimization for generic multi-core CPUs.
- Compiled executable binaries supplied
for Windows, Mac OS & Android
- Licensed under the GNU
General Public License (LGPL) v2.1. Non-LGPL commercial license
alternatively available upon request.
SoundTouch WWW page: http://www.surina.net/soundtouch