Do you like SoundTouch? Are you using SoundTouch library in a commercial application?
Then please support the SoundTouch developing and maintaining effort by a donation!
Tempo / Pitch control tool
now available for Android mobile
phones & tablets running Android OS v2.3-3.2! Click icon below for FREE install:
SoundTouch Audio Processing Library
About the SoundTouch library
The SoundTouch Library Copyright © Olli Parviainen 2001-2012
SoundTouch is an open-source
audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and
Playback Rates of audio streams or audio files
- Tempo (time stretch):
Changes the sound to play at faster or slower tempo than originally
without affecting the sound pitch.
- Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or
key while keeping the original tempo (speed).
- Playback Rate : Changes both
tempo and pitch together as if a vinyl disc was played at different RPM
The SoundTouch library is intended for
application developers writing sound processing tools that
require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing
around with the sound effects.
The SoundTouch library source kit includes also an example
uses SoundTouch library for
processing .wav audio files from command-line interface.
SoundTouch library Features
- Easy-to-use implementation of time-stretch, pitch-shift and
sample rate transposing routines.
- High-performance object-oriented C++
- Full source codes available for both the
SoundTouch library and the example application.
- Clear and easy-to-use programming
interface via a single C++ class.
- Supported audio data format : 16Bit integer or
32bit floating point PCM mono/stereo
- Capable of real-time audio stream processing:
- input/output latency max. ~ 100 ms.
- Processing 44.1kHz/16bit stereo sound in realtime
requires a 133 Mhz Intel Pentium processor or better.
- Platform-independent implementation: The
SoundTouch library can be compiled for any processor and OS platform
supporting GNU C compiler (gcc) or Visual Studio, for example Win32,
- Additional assembler-level and Intel-MMX
instruction set optimizations for Intel x86 compatible processors
(Win32 & Linux platforms), offering several times increase in the
- Compiled executable binaries available
for Windows & Mac OS
- Released under the GNU
General Public License (LGPL) v2.1
See the author
personal information page for
SoundTouch WWW page: http://www.surina.net/soundtouch