PaceMaker plug-in v2.7.3 (October-2015) Copyright © PaceMaker plug-in
PaceMaker is a plug-in for Winamp player enabling independent control of the sound tempo, pitch and playback rate:
Tempo control speeds up or slows down the music tempo without altering the music pitch (key)
Pitch control changes the music pitch (key) without affecting the tempo
Speed control changes the music playback rate affecting both tempo and pitch, as if a record or an audio tape were played at a too high or low rate.
PaceMaker features also Vocal Removal capability to suppress original singing voice, which is useful for karaoke and practicing singing.
See instructions how to turn on PaceMaker plug-in in Winamp player!
Please visit the PaceMaker plug-in homepage to check for software updates
A PC with a 300 Mhz processor or better. :-)
Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 operating system or compatible.
What's new in version 2.7.3
- PaceMaker can now remember it's location & snap to edges of an alternative display, in systems that have more than one display
- For developers: Added control API message to get a handle for the Winamp player instance that opened PaceMaker
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.7.2
- Installer detects also MediaMonkey player, as alternative to Winamp
- Resolution to an issue that caused Winamp to stop playing the current song, if user rewinded the song for more than couple of seconds when the player was playing the final 30% of the current song (!)
- Small improvements in sound quality
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.7
- Option to enlarge the PaceMaker control window size for easier visibility & control on high-resolution displays (see configuration settings for more information)
- Sound quality improvements
- Installer now support plug-in installation for MediaMonkey player (notice that memorizing tempo/pitch/speed parameters separately for each song don't work with MediaMonkey).
- Bugfix: "memorize settings for each song" database can now treat properly also songs whose names are longer than 255 characters
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.6:
- Sound Quality improvements
- Added Alt+Key shortcuts for quick selection of Voice Cancel mode on PaceMaker window (Basic / Advanced algorithm, play only Left/Right Channel)
- Extended external message control API to allow controlling Remove Vocals feature from external programs
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.5.2:
- Load previously used Tempo, Pitch, Speed settings with full decimal precision upon starting the plug-in. Earlier version rounded the loaded setting to whole numbers.
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.5.1:
- Fixed skips in sound under heavy system load
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.5:
- Fixed alt+key shortcut keys
- Simplified registration information entry
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.4:
- Improvements in sound quality
- Fix for AAC audio decoder
- Plug-in Uninstaller tool
- Additions to external control API
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.3:
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Easier to use installation tool
- Windows 7 compatible installation
- Support for Windows 7 and 64bit Windows
- Adjusted processing parameters to improved sound quality
Changes in PaceMaker plug-in version 2.2:
- Added "Play Right Channel only" and "Play Left Channel only" vocal removal modes to support dual-channel karaoke records.
- Windows Vista bug fix: Moved PaceMaker settings file and Song setting database file "pacemaker_songparams.txt" into user application directory to resolve write access problem in Vista (existing song parameter database is migrated automatically when the new version is started for the first time).
- More generic sound file support, tested with .wav, .wma, .mp3, .flac, .ogg and CD audio
- Fixed a bug that halted program at startup if the song parameter file were corrupted.
- Fixed a crash with MediaMonkey player. PaceMaker works with MediaMonkey player, except it can't store tempo/pitch/speed settings for each song separately.
License & Warranty
The PaceMaker plug-in is provided "as is" without external support or warranty for non-registered users. The software can be freely used and further distributed for non-commercial purposes. Use for commercial purposes require registering the plug-in against small registration fee (see the section "Registering PaceMaker"). Registering a single copy of PaceMaker will authorize to use the PaceMaker plug-in for commercial/professional use by one person in one computer at a time.
The PaceMaker software can be distributed as a part of a program collection or a publication, as far as no changes are made to the PaceMaker software or installation package, and no other payment is demanded for PaceMaker plug-in except for reasonable delivery costs.
Use of PaceMaker plug-in module or the source code as a part of a commercial product without author's permission are prohibited. Please contact author for further details.
Always wear protective clothing and approved helmet when using the software. The software may contain small particles, so keep it out of reach of children under age of five. The author don't assume any responsibility for mental or social problems the software may cause.
Please feel free to contact the author in any case of confusion of these terms.